“A lot of pupils take part in sports activities. This makes an excellent contribution to pupils’ healthy outlook and physical well-being.” Ofsted October 2013
We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all our pupils and recognise that there are many benefits to ensuring that all our children participate in sports or other physical activities because it:
- Develops strength, mobility and physical endurance
- Supports the establishment of healthy lifestyles for life
- Helps in weight control, especially important in light of current levels of childhood obesity.
- Develops social skills especially team work
- Develops friendships
- It is fun!
Our intention is to use additional funding in three ways:
- to broaden our provision to offer a wider remit of activities;
- to train staff so that the provision becomes sustainable into the future;
- to consolidate existing provision.
Sport Premium Funding is universal and therefore our aim will be for maximum benefit for all our pupils, including and especially those that may not ordinarily see themselves as ‘sporty’.
Our typical current provision includes:
- Weekly 2 hours of PE teaching for all pupils.
- Swimming for all ages from Year 3 – a block of 10 weeks per year.
- Participation in local tournaments and leagues
- Voluntary clubs (according to term) for football (KS2/KS1/Girls), rugby,
- External Provider Clubs- Martial Arts (Reception –Y6) Tennis (Reception-Y6) York City Football in the Community ( Y3-y6) Multi-Sports ( Reception-Y2)
- Bikeability training for Y6
- One week of specialist outdoor adventurous activities for Y6 as part of residential; sailing canoeing, body surfing; climbing; orienteering; beck scrambling.
- Regular enrichment days such as : Mobile Climbing Wall, Archery, Tri-golf
Please click on the links to download our Sports Funding Reports: